Create WordPress Posts with Formidable
So lets talk about allowing people to create posts through Formidable Pro on WordPress. You might need to do this for simple discussion forums when you don’t want to host and support all the functionality of BuddyPress. So lets use the simple functionality that Formidable Pro allows.
It’s as simple as this.
- Download Formidable as a plugin
- Go to “Global Settings” on your Formidable Tab and upgrade to Pro with your username and password.
- Allow Formidable to completely upgrade and re-activate.
- Create a form with a Topic field, a Content field and an optional Category field.
- Go to settings and click the “create posts” side tab.
- Create a post and allow your fields to correctly line up
It’s that simple!
You might also want to play around with Custom Post Type UI which will allow you to make a post called Forum or Discussion and have more control over that content.
You might also want to have those pages on secure for only logged in users, requiring people to be a member of your site before posting.