Web Systems Administrator
Systems Administrators continually improve our infrastructure and automated processes, and look for ways to make our environments and systems more stable, secure, and performant.
fjorge is looking for a Web Systems Administrator who can support clients and our development teams in implementing and maintaining web hosting infrastructure and automated build and deployment processes.
We’re looking for someone with basic knowledge of Linux systems and common web server technologies who’s willing to jump in and pick up new skills. Some experience with web development is a big plus, but not required.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure Systems Administration SLAs are met
- Implement and maintain code deployment processes
- Automate painful procedures
- Ensure the quality and security of sites managed by the Managed Services division
- Provide support to developers to enable smooth deployments
- Build and maintain hosting infrastructure
- Respond to incidents on an on-call basis (on-call hours are limited to 8AM-10PM)
- Support and execute server migrations and upgrades
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Bash/UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Familiarity with Git (or other version control systems)
- Basic understanding of common web server technologies (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- Experience with major cloud computing providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Familiarity with popular web frameworks (WordPress, React, ASP.NET MVC)
- Experience with CI/CD practices and technologies
- Competitive pay and overtime
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Short and longterm disability insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k matching program
- Multiscreen workspace and MacBook
- Professional development budget
- Monthly rewards and team building
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- fjing fjong (trust us)
Please submit your resume in the form of a one-page PDF file. You must live in or near Minneapolis, MN, and be willing to work on-site at our office some portion of your week to be eligible for this position. Applications that meet the qualifications and guidelines stated here will be invited for a 15-minute initial call.
The full interview process consists of up to three progressive 30-60 minute interviews with fjorge staff, a reference check, and finally an offer. If you are deemed under- or over-qualified or who don’t fit our culture, we will suspend the interview process and let you know. If the role is filled by another candidate but we still consider you a good fit, we will offer to keep you on our proactive hiring list and will contact you when there are new openings.