SysAdmin - DevOps Advocate
Systems Administrators continually improve our infrastructure and automated processes, and look for ways to make our environments and systems more stable, secure, and performant.
Are you a creative problem solver with 2+ years of experience in or around web development? Do you love keeping systems in good working order and finding ways to make processes easier and automatic? Fjorge is looking for a Systems Administrator with a passion for collaborating with clients, agencies, and other development staff to ensure our products are continually available and changes can be published easily. We offer a collaborative environment, a growing range of benefits, and opportunities for mentorship and professional development.
We are actively hiring for the Projects and the Managed Services divisions and looking for people who will add to our culture. You don’t necessarily need previous paid experience with systems administration to be a good fit for this role. If it sounds intriguing, please apply and we can discuss whether it’s right for you.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Automate painful processes
- Create, enhance, and support CI/CD processes
- Review and improve our usage of cloud provider resources (AWS training provided)
- Provide recommendations and support on quality improvements (e.g. security, speed, reliability)
- Advocate for and improve the developer experience
- Manage division cloud and on-premises infrastructure (including on-premises VMs)
- Web development familiarity required (you can understand written HTML, CSS, and programming languages)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation
- Familiarity with cloud computing principles and best practices (AWS certifications are a plus)
- Familiarity and/or interest in DevOps principles and best practices
- Competitive pay and overtime
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Short and longterm disability insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k matching program
- Multiscreen workspace and MacBook
- Professional development budget
- Monthly rewards and team building
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- fjing fjong (trust us)
Please submit your resume in the form of a one-page PDF file. You must live in or near Minneapolis, MN, and be willing to work on-site at our office some portion of your week to be eligible for this position. Applications that meet the qualifications and guidelines stated here will be invited for a 15-minute initial call.
The full interview process consists of up to three progressive 30-60 minute interviews with fjorge staff, a reference check, and finally an offer. If you are deemed under- or over-qualified or who don’t fit our culture, we will suspend the interview process and let you know. If the role is filled by another candidate but we still consider you a good fit, we will offer to keep you on our proactive hiring list and will contact you when there are new openings.