ApplySystem Administrator / Developer
Our team is growing, and we’re looking for teammates who are passionate about being the solution to our clients’ digital needs. We offer a fun environment with diverse tickets across multiple different CMSes, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem solving.
fjorge is a full-service development agency that works with marketing professionals to bring their digital projects to the finish line. We offer front-end, back-end, solutions architecture and maintenance expertise on website and application projects.
fjorge is looking for a talented Systems Administrator and developer to join our CMS Managed Services team. We work on properties with an ongoing relationship with fjorge, to ensure their sites are secure, updated, functioning, and continually enhanced to meet our client’s changing business needs. We have a large roster of clients across many different industries, CMS platforms, and backend integrations. Every day brings new opportunities to learn and grow!
Our team is seeking a developer with 1 + years of Linux system administration and development experience.
This position will focus on maintaining our roster of website servers, identifying and implementing new ways to automate and improve workflows, and managing the ticketing software system. There is also an emphasis on working closely with our clients to troubleshoot and resolve server-level issues as they arise.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
- Solid understanding of AWS web servers and DNS
- Working knowledge of SQL, specifically MySQL database
- Familiarity with API integrations
- Linux experience
- Site migration experience
- Familiarity with website security and remediation best practices
- Ability to work with CSS grid frameworks (i.e. 960 or Fluid).
- Experience with version control, specifically git
- A desire to learn/expand expertise in System Administration
- Excellent communication skills with teammates and clients
- Excellent documentation skills
- Empathetic and understanding of client concerns, ability to engage in cordial conversation while seeking clarifying questions
- Inquisitive nature, able to help clients identify their root issues, then troubleshoot
- Time management skills and ability to self manage
- Willing to ask for help and providing support to others when needed
- Curious nature, willing to learn and help with both front-end and back-end tasks
- Experience with Jira Service Desk, a plus
- Experience with Status Cake or Pingdom, a plus
- Full Stack development experience, a plus
- Experience with custom theming development in CMSes, such as WordPresss, Drupal, Craft, Magento or SiteCore, a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, a plus
- Experience with GDPR compliance development best practices, a plus
- Experience with ADA compliance development best practices, a plus
- .Net experience, a plus