Our team is growing, and we’re looking for teammates who are passionate about being the solution to our clients’ digital needs. We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem solving.
As a Solutions Engineer, you have a strong technical understanding of application and web development. This knowledge enables you to convey how fjorge’s service and people help customers solve their problems.
You also have a knack of understanding and describing complex solutions, and combine technical knowledge with excellent presentation/communication/writing skills to provide both internal and external advice. You will support our sales team & customers through the sales cycle, assisting with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations.
In addition, you understand our prospects’ service requirements and help them validate those requirements against our capabilities, assist in identifying technical risks and provide mitigation strategies when the need is identified. You also communicate prospect and customer needs and service feedback to Sales, Marketing, & Operations.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
- Be the primary source for sales to gather technical requirements for prospect or client
- Help sales and SOMETIMES clients through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings
- Produce client vision with a high-level description of possible technology solutions accompanied by an estimate of labor (in hours) to deliver the described vision.
- Work with Operations to ensure proper estimation of effort & appropriate description of the project to make the transition from sales to operation smooth
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for all proposal templates and documentation for proposals
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Responsible for keeping Operations, Sales, and Clients in harmony
- Assist in developing KPIs for this position
- Responsible for working with the Sales & Operations team to onboard and integrate new clients
- Participate in client & prospect technical presentation as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS/CIS or any other technical field
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience as a sales engineer or solutions engineer
- Understanding of Software Development (front and backend)
- Strong written & oral communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations
- Able to support Account Directors for technical presentations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple opportunities at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities.
- Experience creating a detailed technical proposal and implementation plans.
- Experience preparing RFP and RFI responses.
- Willingness to travel 10%-25%.