Solutions Architecture Lead
The Solutions Architecture Lead is the head of our Solutions Architecture department. They are responsible for improving discovery practices, advocating for increasing agility in product development, and helping the Project Operations division pursue its strategic goals. The person in this role is also a practicing Solutions Architect, meeting with clients to articulate product vision, define project scope, and perform technical research for development projects.
Are you a leader in creative problem solving, with 4+ years of experience in or around web development? Do you love to make visions come to life? Fjorge is looking for a Solutions Architecture Lead with a passion for advocating for their colleagues and supporting company goals. Solutions Architects collaborate with clients, agencies, and development staff to find elegant solutions to business problems. Fjorge offers a collaborative environment, a growing range of benefits, and opportunities for mentorship and professional development.
We are actively hiring for the Solutions Architecture department and looking for someone who will add to our culture. To be elligible for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate previous success in Solutions Architecture, Product Ownership, or Product Management. If it sounds intriguing, please apply and we can discuss whether it’s right for you.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leadership and management of the Solutions Architecture department; Accountability for Solutions Architecture outcomes
- Follow company core processes and own department procedures and templates
- All of the responsibilities of Solutions Architects on projects
- Experience leading and motivating teams to maximize their potential
- Web development familiarity required (you can understand written HTML, CSS, and scripting languages)
- Certification in either agile product ownership, solutions architecture, or both
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation
- Able to make and defend decisions that account for various dimensions of complex situations (conflicting requirements, budget restrictions, dependencies, uncertainty)
- Competitive pay and overtime
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Short and longterm disability insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k matching program
- Multiscreen workspace and MacBook
- Professional development budget
- Monthly rewards and team building
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- fjing fjong (trust us)
Please submit your resume in the form of a one-page PDF file. You must live in or near Minneapolis, MN, to be eligible for this position. Applications that meet the qualifications and guidelines stated here will be invited for a 15-minute initial call.
The full interview process consists of up to three progressive 30-60 minute interviews with fjorge staff, a reference check, and finally an offer. If you are deemed under- or over-qualified or who don’t fit our culture, we will suspend the interview process and let you know. If the role is filled by another candidate but we still consider you a good fit, we will offer to keep you on our proactive hiring list and will contact you when there are new openings.