Solutions Architects meet with clients to articulate product vision, define project scope, and perform technical research for development projects.
Are you a creative problem solver with 2+ years of experience in or around web development? Do you love to make visions come to life? Fjorge is looking for a Solutions Architect with a passion for collaborating with clients, agencies, and development staff to find elegant solutions to business problems. We offer a collaborative environment, a growing range of benefits and opportunities for mentorship and professional development.
As fjorge has grown over the last several years, we have developed several core processes central to the success of our projects. Solutions Architects guide our clients through the planning phases of our development process. To excel in this role, you must be self-motivated, have strong communication and leadership skills, be able to juggle multiple projects, and, above all, love learning new things.
You would be joining a team of Solutions Architects with a variety of background experience and diverse areas of expertise:
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Discover the product vision through collaboration with clients and other stakeholders
- Identify and understand business requirements and project risks
- Create technical documentation to describe the structure of the proposed website or application
- Define the scope of development engagements to meet client timeline and budget requirements
- Create client-facing statements of work to document the development plan prior to beginning the build
- Maintain open lines of communication with our clients, sales staff, project managers, designers, and developers
- Web development familiarity required (you can understand written HTML, CSS, and scripting languages)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation
- Able to make and defend decisions that account for various dimensions of complex situations (conflicting requirements, budget restrictions, dependencies, uncertainty)
- Competitive pay and overtime
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Short and longterm disability insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k matching program
- Multiscreen workspace and MacBook
- Professional development budget
- Monthly rewards and team building
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- fjing fjong (trust us)
Please submit your resume in the form of a one-page PDF file. You must live in or near Minneapolis, MN, to be eligible for this position. Applications that meet the qualifications and guidelines stated here will be invited for a 15-minute initial call.
The full interview process consists of up to three progressive 30-60 minute interviews with fjorge staff, a reference check, and finally an offer. If you are deemed under- or over-qualified or who don’t fit our culture, we will suspend the interview process and let you know. If the role is filled by another candidate but we still consider you a good fit, we will offer to keep you on our proactive hiring list and will contact you when there are new openings.