Solutions Architects meet with clients to articulate product vision, define project scope, and perform technical research for development projects.
Are you a creative problem solver with an interest in systems design and software product ownership? Do you love to make visions come to life? Fjorge is looking for a Solutions Architect with a passion for collaborating with clients, agencies, and development staff to find elegant solutions to business problems. We offer a collaborative environment, a growing range of benefits and opportunities for mentorship and professional development.
We are actively hiring for the Solutions Architecture department and looking for someone who will add to our culture. You don’t need previous experience with solutions architecture to be a good fit for this role. If it sounds intriguing, please apply and we can discuss whether it’s right for you.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountability for overall product quality and goodness-of-fit to our clients’ business needs (Scrum Product Owner training provided)
- Follow company core processes and department procedures
- Plan project scopes to solve clients’ highest priority business needs
- Defend or renegotiate scope throughout development
- Support developers with technical research and troubleshooting
- Web development familiarity required (you can understand written HTML, CSS, and scripting languages)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation
- Able to make and defend decisions that account for various dimensions of complex situations (conflicting requirements, budget restrictions, dependencies, uncertainty)
- Competitive pay and overtime
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Short and longterm disability insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k matching program
- Multiscreen workspace and MacBook
- Professional development budget
- Monthly rewards and team building
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- fjing fjong (trust us)
Please submit your resume in the form of a one-page PDF file. You must live in or near Minneapolis, MN, to be eligible for this position. Applications that meet the qualifications and guidelines stated here will be invited for a 15-minute initial call.
The full interview process consists of up to three progressive 30-60 minute interviews with fjorge staff, a reference check, and finally an offer. If you are deemed under- or over-qualified or who don’t fit our culture, we will suspend the interview process and let you know. If the role is filled by another candidate but we still consider you a good fit, we will offer to keep you on our proactive hiring list and will contact you when there are new openings.