Project Manager – Development Managed ServicesProject Manager - Development Managed Services
fjorge is a full-service end-to-end solutions development agency with over 30 developers on staff. fjorge Managed Services teams are the detectives, emergency room, mechanic, and renovation specialists for existing client applications.
Our teammates are the solution to our clients’ digital needs. We offer a fun environment with diverse tickets across different frameworks and platforms, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem solving.
fjorge is looking for a Project Manager/Product Manager to join our Development Managed Services team. We have an ongoing relationship with clients whose applications are managed by fjorge. We ensure their properties are secure, updated, functioning, and continually enhanced to meet our client’s changing business needs. If you love being a renovator or a detective, working with clients to understand their business needs, working with developers to optimize their productivity, and have enough technical experience “talk tech,” we’re the team for you! Every day brings new opportunities to learn and grow!
Our ideal candidate understands programming but is a nerd about communications, planning and process improvement.
“Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to apply only when they check every box.” If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every point in the job description, please apply anyway. You can explain in your cover letter and through the interview process how the experience you do have will help you succeed in the role!
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
- 2-5 years experience working with developers, or as a developer
- 1-2 years experience working as a project manager or project lead (responsible for clarifying scope, delegating tasks, quality assurance and managing both timeline and budget expectations)
- 1+ years experience as a manager of at least one direct report
- Charismatic with clients and other product stakeholders
- Empathetic and understanding of client concerns, able to guide clients through distressing technical situations
- Clear and concise communications, especially concerning agendas, development roadmaps, timelines, budgets, and project risks
- Inquisitive nature, able to help clients identify the business needs associated with their requests
- Excellent documentation skills
- Time management skills and ability to coach developers through time management
- Experience managing priorities across several projects/products simultaneously
- Ability to converse with developers about a variety of different advanced technologies
- Great organizational skills and ability to coach developers how to stay organized with simultaneous priorities
- Curious nature, willing to learn about both project management and technical topics
- Experience working with a Ticket Management System such as Jira Service Desk
- Experience using a Time Tracking tool for budget management
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Familiarity with server side and browser languages
- Familiarity with how CMSes and Frameworks work (WordPress, Drupal, .Net, Umbraco, Angular)
- Familiarity with how Libraries work (jQuery, ReactJS)
- Familiarity with server migration processes and associated risks during deployments
- Ability to be on On-Call from 8am-10pm CT, as scheduled
- Professional certifications, such as CAPM or PMP