ApplyJunior System Administrator
Our team is growing, and we’re looking for teammates who are passionate about being the solution to our clients’ digital needs. We offer a fun environment with diverse challenges across a wide variety of client properties, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem solving.
fjorge is a full-service end-to-end solutions development agency with over 30 developers on staff. fjorge Managed Services teams are the detectives, emergency room, mechanic, and renovation specialists for existing client websites.
Our teammates are the solution to our clients’ digital needs. We offer a fun environment with diverse tickets across different mobile and web app platforms, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem solving.
fjorge is looking for a Junior Linux Systems Administrator. We work on properties with an ongoing relationship with fjorge, to ensure their sites are secure, updated, functioning, and continually enhanced to meet our client’s changing business needs. We have a large roster of clients across many different industries, CMS platforms, and backend integrations. This position will work closely with both our project development teams to launch new sites, and our Managed Services team. Every day brings new opportunities to learn and grow!
Our team is seeking a developer with 1 + years of Linux system administration and development experience.
Our ideal candidate enjoys helping developers to solve their immediate issues, respond in times of site emergency, identify and implement ways to automate and improve workflows.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud service provider
- Experience with DNS, domain registration
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Windows Servers, a plus
- Experience with multi-server management, updates, and maintenance
- Experience with mySQL, tSQL or SQL Server
- Experience with SSL fundamentals & renewals
- Familiarity with penetration testing and drawing recommendations from test results
- Familiarity with CMS core and plugin update best practices
- Experience with migrating websites between servers
- Familiarity with website security and remediation best practices
- Experience with version control, specifically git
- A desire to learn/expand expertise in System Administration
- Excellent communication skills with teammates and clients
- Excellent documentation skills
- Empathetic and understanding of client concerns, ability to engage in cordial conversation while seeking clarifying questions
- Inquisitive nature, able to help clients identify their root issues, then troubleshoot
- Time management skills and ability to self manage
- Willing to ask for help and providing support to others when needed
- Curious nature, willing to learn and help with both front-end and back-end tasks
- Able to participate in On-Call rotation from 8am-10pm CT, as scheduled
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA, SOC2 and other security compliance requirements for web-based solutions
- Experience with Jira Service Desk, a plus
- Experience with Status Cake or Pingdom, a plus
- Full Stack development experience, a plus
- Experience with CMSes, such as WordPresss, Drupal, Craft, Magento or SiteCore, a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, a plus
- Experience with GDPR compliance development best practices, a plus
- Experience with ADA compliance development best practices, a plus
- .Net experience, a plus