Human Resources Manager
fjorge is a full-service development agency that works with marketing professionals to bring their digital projects to the finish line. We offer front-end, back-end, solutions architecture, UX/UI design, and maintenance expertise on website and application projects.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team! The individual in this position oversees employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, talent acquisition, and key HR initiatives. This role will not have direct reports but is expected to serve as a collaborative coach and mentor for people managers in the organization.
If you are energized by having a variety of ways to make an impact and are driven to be hands-on in helping enable the success of employees, we want to hear from you! fjorge supports a flexible work environment, and this role will allow for a hybrid (combination of office and remote) work arrangement.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred design platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (preferred) or equivalent HR experience
- Previous hands-on HR experience
- Knowledge and application of current HR trends, best practices and compliance issues
- Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to address issues and implement solutions
- Excellent facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Requires ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision
- Specialized HR-related training and/or certifications are a plus
- Must be willing to work in Minneapolis, MN
Policies, Processes, And Practices
- Implement and streamline HR processing systems including payroll, training and talent management.
- Employee Relations
- Guide managers through the employee performance improvement process
- Provide counsel, assistance and problem- resolution to employees at all levels, guided by company policies, labor-law legislation and state and federal agency requirements.
- Keep abreast of and ensure compliance to all Federal/State employment labor laws; consult with outside legal counsel as needed to determine appropriate course of action.
- Ensure all employees and leaders are compliant with policies and procedures and government regulations
- Manage recruitment by posting jobs, reviewing candidates, screening candidates, preparing offer letters
- Schedule hiring activities and candidate travel
- Perform any required background screenings on potential new employees, determine eligibility based on results, and inform manager of decision.
- Coordinate onboarding
Employee Data Management
- Facilitate new hire paperwork and enter into HR systems
- Maintain employee data accurately
- Provide necessary reporting
- Maintain employee files according to requirements and record retention.
- Process employee hires and terminations in all HR systems
- Respond to unemployment claims
- Owns Quarterly Conversation and annual review process
- Talent Review, Development Planning and Succession Planning
Training and Development
- Identify and facilitate leadership and professional development training sessions.
- Recommend and provide training to all managers and employees
- Recognition Programs
- Create and execute a communication and education plan promoting fjorge’s vision and values; drive employee engagement through change.
- Update and manage HR content
- Job description management and market pricing
- Incentive Plan program management
- Coordinate the annual pay review process
- Process pay increases
- FLSA evaluation
- Develop the annual salary budget in conjunction with head of Finance. Administer salaries and merit budget process to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- Prepare and process health insurance deductions; reconcile and pay invoices
- Facilitate processing of 401k deductions/contributions between payroll and 401k vendor
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA reporting and regulations
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting
- PTO administration
- Assist in the administration of any leave of absence for qualifying employees, including FMLA, STD, LTD, and WC
- Wellness programs
- Manage preparing and processing of weekly payrolls; posting payroll data and ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding payroll administration
- Provide technical expertise and respond to payroll-related inquiries related to the interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations
- Assist all Managers with payroll issues and requests for payroll information on a regular basis. Research payroll issues/discrepancies and process necessary corrections.
- Maintain and update payroll tables and reports as needed