Front End DeveloperFront End Developer
fjorge Digital is a full-service development agency that works with marketing professionals to bring their digital projects to the finish line. We offer front-end, back-end, solutions architecture and maintenance expertise on website and application projects.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking for teammates who are passionate about being the solution to our clients’ digital needs. We offer a fun environment with diverse projects, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle any issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem solving.
Do you have 1 or more years of custom development experience on client-facing work? Are you ready to jump in and start building websites based on industry best practices and our growing set of code standards? Are you naturally curious and ready to grow your own skills by working with other developers of varying skill levels?
As a member of the fjorge Digital front-end development team, you will collaborate with other devs to create pixel-perfect responsive websites for a wide variety of clients across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices.
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Assist project managers in estimating projects for agency clients (i.e. new projects, maintenance requests)
- Write and maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Shopify, etc.
- A minimum of 1 year custom theming experience on deadline driven development projects
- Understanding of responsive development and digital user experience
- Analytical thinker and problem solver able to come up with creative solutions to diverse problems
- Visual user-focused design skills and the ability to recreate detailed designs
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse teams and independently
- Capable of balancing multiple projects and clearly communicating with clients and team members
- Time management skills and experience tracking billable time on projects
- Ability to stay positive, supportive, and open to new ideas or approaches during trying times
- Online examples of production ready client-facing work
- 2-5 years of relevant development experience
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and how to build ADA Compliant websites
- Experience with Sass or other CSS pre-processors and task runners such as Gulp or Grunt
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Existing agency experience