Managed Services Developer – PHP Applications Application Managed Services Developer
fjorge is a full-service development agency with over 30 developers on staff. Our Managed Services teams are the detectives, emergency room, mechanic, and renovation specialists for existing client websites.
We are the solution to client digital needs. fjorge offers a fun environment with diverse tickets across different mobile and web app platforms, a growing range of benefits, and professional development opportunities. We value a curious nature that drives continual learning, a desire to effectively tackle issues through open communication, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
fjorge is looking for an ambitious Web App developer to join our App Managed Services team. Do you enjoy working on properties with an ongoing client relationship to ensure their apps are secure, updated, functioning, and continually enhanced to meet our client’s changing business needs? If you love being the detective, digging through existing code to find the root issues, saving the day with sustainable solutions, and helping clients to enhance their apps to grow with their business, this is the team for you! Every day brings new opportunities to learn and grow!
Our team is seeking a developer with hands on PHP experience. The ideal candidate enjoys helping customers solve their immediate issues, and has no reservations about picking up the phone to talk through a solution.
“Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to apply only when they check every box.” If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every point in the job description, please apply anyway. You can explain in your cover letter and through the interview process how the experience you do have will help you succeed in the role!
fjorge is an equal opportunity employer
We provide equal access to, and opportunity within, our programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or preferred coding language.
- Experience with PHP
- Experience in a common CMS platform, such as WordPress or Drupal
- Experience with mySQL, tSQL or SQL Server
- Experience with Version Control, such as GIT
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Experience troubleshooting in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
- Understanding of mobile responsiveness
- Excellent communication skills with teammates and clients
- Excellent documentation skills
- Empathetic and understanding of client concerns, ability to engage in cordial conversation while seeking clarifying questions
- Inquisitive nature, able to help clients identify their root issues, then troubleshoot
- Time management skills and ability to self manage
- Willing to ask for help and providing support to others when needed
- Curious nature, willing to learn and help with both front-end and back-end tasks
- Familiarity with REACT, a plus
- Familiarity with AngularJS, a plus
- Familiarity with AJAX, a plus
- Experience with multi-environment deployment pipelines
- Experience with REST / SOAP API Integrations, a plus
- General Understanding of SEO development best practices
- Experience troubleshooting in IE11/Edge, a plus
- Experience with CSS Compiling tools, such as Gulp, a plus
- Other server side language experience, such as C#, Liquid or Python, a plus
- Experience in SiteCore, Umbraco, Laravel, Shopify, a plus
This role is open to both entry level developers with similar experiences, or tenured developers with years of similar job experience. Culture fit is most important, and compensation will be determined based on both experience and fit. Please have work examples available throughout the interview process.